Custom Filter for Facebook Sign-Up Pop-Up

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
dave3

Custom Filter for Facebook Sign-Up Pop-Up

Post by dave3 »

I don't have a Facebook account and I don't want one. But some companies insist on making Facebook their only internet presence, so if I want to get any info from them I have to view a Facebook page.

Right now, when I access a Facebook page, there's a sort of on-page pop-up that covers the bottom of the screen, and then after a little bit, it blocks the whole middle of the screen.

It says something like...

"See more of Blah, Blah, Blah by logging into Facebook
Message this Page, learn about upcoming events and more. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can create one to see more of this Page.

Can anybody think of a Custom Filter I could add that would block this?

Thanks.
SueWitch

Re: Custom Filter for Facebook Sign-Up Pop-Up

Post by SueWitch »

For now all these are working for me, they get hits every time I view FB pages, until FB makes more changes.....

Code: Select all

facebook.com###dialog_0
facebook.com###pagelet_growth_expanding_cta
facebook.com###u_0_6
facebook.com##._3ixn
I didn't write them, found them by searching this forum for filters that work on Facebook. A thousand thank yous to whoever wrote them.
dave3

Post by dave3 »

Thank you! Those work!
SueWitch

Post by SueWitch »

Today those filters are no longer working. It took a few minutes until FB put up a white semi translucent cover over the whole page with a smaller rectangular log in or sign up notice in the middle of the screen.
dave3

Post by dave3 »

They're still working for me.