easylist, youtube & flashblock issue

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
delicacy

easylist, youtube & flashblock issue

Post by delicacy »

I have a problem, & i believe the culprit is easylist

A filter or combination filter prevents the flashblock (addon) blocking process

I have been disabling filters one by one using "open blockable items"
& then found out that the flashblock play button was back & working once i disabled "=300x250,"
but it seems that that filter above wasn"t the only one i needed to disable, cause i restored my filters
& then disabled =300x250, unchecking it in filter preferences, & flashblock was ignored again
so it's apparently a combination, or maybe one major filter in easylist

Please see if you can find the culprit i'm gonna give you my filters in the case
it could be my personal filters in combination (i doubt it)

Code: Select all

http://matrixjo.com/upload/store/myadblocklatitude 3.5.0b3 filters.zip
lewisje

Re: easylist, youtube & flashblock issue

Post by lewisje »

Instead of Flashblock, try Firefox's built-in click-to-play options for plugins, along with this extension so it works per-element: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-element/
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

it's a perfect solution when that click to play system is "standard" & doesn't take care of all players/scripts that the author of flashblock has been dealing with since a while with so much attention & seriousness.
yes i may want to dump flashblock for the built in abandoned click to play simple system in order to get rid of 50% if not more of videos player's scripts that that system doesn't recognize & flashblock is designed to recognize..

it's the perfect fix when flashblock blocks properly if i disable adblock on the site or uncheck easylist.

yes, flashblock seems to be the culprit, aint it lewisje ?
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

For a reason, i was blocking:
||plus.google.com^$domain=~plus.google.com

i got rid of the filter & now flashblock acts fine on youtube.
Last edited by delicacy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

delicacy wrote:it's a perfect solution when that click to play system is "standard" & doesn't take care of all players/scripts that the author of flashblock has been dealing with since a while with so much attention & seriousness.
yes i may want to dump flashblock for the built in abandoned click to play simple system in order to get rid of 50% if not more of videos player's scripts that that system doesn't recognize & flashblock is designed to recognize..

it's the perfect fix when flashblock blocks properly if i disable adblock on the site or uncheck easylist.

yes, flashblock seems to be the culprit, aint it lewisje ?
I guess what you're saying is that Flashblock has figured out how to block auto-playing HTML5 media too; I for one thought that it was Flashblock that was deprecated once built-in click-to-play appeared, and I haven't looked back since, and that's why I figured Flashblock might be the problem.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.