Disappearing text on guru3d forum postings...

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Fedorov

Disappearing text on guru3d forum postings...

Post by Fedorov »

Hi,

Im using DeerPark 20050808 with Adblock Plus 0.5.9 and the latest filters from: http://www.pierceive.com/filtersetg/ (2005-08-03a.txt)

I notice that when I try to browse these forums:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php ... did=147607
With Adblock enabled I cannot see the text of each posting, you see it initially then it just disappears after the page has finished fully loading....

Disabling Adblock cures the problem...???

Update: only when I go into my registered user Control Panel on these forums and change the ForumOptions to use the "guru3d" STYLE of forums instead of the default do I get this issue.

Any advice appreciated :)

Regards,

Fedorov.
g

Post by g »

If you're using Adblock Plus, you must use Filterset.G-Whitelist-Beta.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

g wrote:If you're using Adblock Plus, you must use Filterset.G-Whitelist-Beta.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out to an Adblock Plus n00b :)

Still doesn't cure the problem - only occurs when using the "guru3d" style of forum, default forum style works fine.

Fedorov.
g

Post by g »

When I follow the link, I don't have any problems. If there are more steps necessary to reproduce, please describe them. Also, if the issue is specific to Filterset.G (which it appears to be), you should post it on the Filterset.G Forums, not here.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Don't think it's Filterset.G because that same filterset works fine on those forums with Firefox 1.0.6 and standard Adblock.

So, either DeerPark 20050808 or Adblock Plus?

Were you able to register on those forums and go to your control panel options and choose the "guru3d" style of forum appearance, this is where the problem occurs.

Fedorov.
g

Post by g »

It's still a Filterset.G problem if it occurs with Adblock Plus.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Okay, I'll report it over on their forums - thanks for replying.

Fedorov.
Fedorov

Post by Fedorov »

Posted at forum.pierceive.com yet looks like it's been removed???