Unable to install Adblock Plus (signing could not be verified)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ROZm

Unable to install Adblock Plus (signing could not be verified)

Post by ROZm »

thank you for adblock plus, a truly wonderful add-on. unfortunately, after upgrading to firefox 3.6, the older version of adblock plus was found to be not compatible. when i downloaded the newest version from your website, the result was that firefox couldn't install cause it couldnt "verify the signing" [whatever that means].
would you please make the appropriate change as soon as possible cause i really cant stand all the ads now appearing.
i've been using adblock or adblock plus for what seems like years now and i love it. [sure the advertisers online dont though LOL]
again thank you for your wonderful work. i so look forward to the signing being verifiable so i can get it again.
sincerely,
~ roz
los angeles, california, usa
Wladimir Palant

Re: Unable to install Adblock Plus (signing could not be verifie

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I moved this question into a separate topic - please don't ask in absolutely unrelated topics:

From en/changelog-1.1.3:
Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds from some Linux distributions (not the official builds however) will refuse to install Adblock Plus with the message: “Signing could not be verified”. Solution: update “nss” package to the latest version available for your distribution. If that doesn’t help, view certificates in the encryption/certificates tab of the options, select “StartCom Certification Authority” under “Authorities” and click “Edit”. Make sure “This certificate can identify software makers” is checked and click OK.
DynamiteN

Re: Unable to install Adblock Plus (signing could not be verifie

Post by DynamiteN »

I am getting this error when trying to install adblock plus, and im NOT using any linux, im on xp PRO SP3 firefox 3.6.6