Yahoo Videos

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Colin

Yahoo Videos

Post by Colin »

Hello Everyone,
I wish to stop Yahoo playing videos when my Inbox etc is empty.
Searching on the internet I found the instruction to open the dropdown box in Adblock Plus, click on filter Preference, click on Custom Filters and paste "mail.yahoo.com/neo/video?channels=emptyfolder" into the space.
I clicked on Adblock plus, the dropdown box appeared. I then clicked on Filter Preference. The box disappeared, and there was no result. I have tried this a few times but after clicking on Filter Preference, there is always no result.
It seems that I am unable to get past the dropdown box with the choices displayed in it.

If anyone can direct me how to overcome this, I would gratefully receive directions!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Colin
mapx

Re: Yahoo Videos

Post by mapx »

firefox version ? ABP version ?

try pressing ctrl-shift-E

if does not work probably you should reset firefox and reinstall ABP (and the other addons)
smed79

Post by smed79 »

click on filter Preference
click on Custom Filters
==> add filters group
and paste at the right box

- http://i.imgur.com/VNvqYU0.gif

Code: Select all

mail.yahoo.com###emptyFolderVideo
||mail.yahoo.com/neo/video?$xmlhttprequest
noelpg29

Post by noelpg29 »

setting this Firefox config preference in about:config > media.autoplay.enabled from true to false can also stop Yahoo Videos from automatically playing.

I'm starting to despise Yahoo Videos especially on the Yahoo Sports site which have sports videos automatically playing and no reliable ad blocker, flash blocker & html5 blocker alone can stop 'em. Complaints are piling up in the Yahoo forums site about their videos auto starting without user intervention.