Adblock seemingly not working at all

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Octoputin

Adblock seemingly not working at all

Post by Octoputin »

I recently reinstalled Firefox and Adblock and now it's just seemed like it's no longer working. I'm getting YouTube ads, I'm getting ads in google when I search things, and most annoyingly when i'm brown a site of I click a link or search something on the website an ad will replace come up in place of that website.
lewisje

Re: Adblock seemingly not working at all

Post by lewisje »

Be sure that you installed "Adblock Plus" (will have ABP in the icon); try uninstalling whatever extension you had, and going to the ABP main page at https://adblockplus.org/ to install it.

(There were once two legitimate ad-blocking extensions without the "Plus" in their names: The first was the predecessor to ABP, and it became obsolete long ago, and the other was an experimental port of AdBlock for Chrome, which was since abandoned; there is no legitimate ad-blocker for Firefox called just "Adblock" with any capitalization.)
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
stewartcristan

Re: Adblock seemingly not working at all

Post by stewartcristan »

Thanks lewisje. i have same problem. Thanks for your information.