Freezes with ABP

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
TXr

Freezes with ABP

Post by TXr »

I have been using adblock plus but I noticed the performance of my browser got worse. I was wondering and think it is caused by adblock plus. Soemtimes it hangs/freezes for a few seconds. I also noticed less ads are blocked.

When I deactivate it and use other blockers it doesn't hang and more ads are blocked.

I checked the addon page and noticed im not the only one:
I have been using Adblock Plus almost since it was first released! However, recently it has had a lot of issues. It causes some serious slow-downs in Firefox, often freezing the browser for a few seconds. It also has been giving an error when the computer is shut down and FF is still open.

It took me a while to determine that it was the Add-on causing the issue. I finally switched to a different Adblock Add-on and it's improved drastically.
Zur Zeit extreme Firefox Bremse. Ganzer Browser hängt uns ist langsam...
ABP vorerst deaktiviert.
Version 2.9 of Adblock Plus is making Firefox 53.0.3, on Mac OS 10.12.5, unusable. Constant beachball/Firefox freezes. The only way to stop this problem is to use Adblock Plus 2.8.2
ABP has been my go-to for years and years. I told everyone about it in computer support and encourage them to use it, but I am now advising they use Ublock because of the horrible performance impact it has on Firefox. I've struggled to determine why the performance in FF has been so terrible for months. I restart the program 2-3 times a day because of massive CPU hits. Finally had the time to troubleshoot and it's clearly ABP. I really hope they can get this corrected but I've seen that many others have these issues for some time so I have my doubts it will be fixed.
After updating to Firefox 53.0.3 I couldn't figure out why FF kept hanging and was terribly slow and unresponsive at times. After troubleshooting I found the cause to be the Adblock Plus Add-on. I switched to AdBlock and the problem is gone.
Eine Menge aufdringliche Werbung wird durchgelassen, ist leider nicht das was es mal war
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... s/reviews/

is there a known issue with the current firefox version?
mapx

Re: Freezes with ABP

Post by mapx »