Dailymail.co.uk blocking comment viewing

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
ktmlc4

Dailymail.co.uk blocking comment viewing

Post by ktmlc4 »

As title, just since about 2 days ago I noticed that the comment section of the site was not loading, articles would say the number of comments but nothing appears. 1st tried turning off adblock and I could view comments. I also had a number of custom filters for the site to block out numerous annoying elements of the page such as their autoplaying videos that fly across the page, preview videos on the homepage so thought maybe one of those is conflicting with something, even with 0 custom filters and just adblock I can not see the comments.
dr150

Re: Dailymail.co.uk blocking comment viewing

Post by dr150 »

Same problem here.

I went ahead and uninstalled it and using Adblocker Ultimate and that works fine for the moment.

I also had to change blockers on Safari to get the Comment section working again.

This SHOULD get fixed as DailMail is an extremely popular site.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Adblocker Ultimate looks like a fork of Adblock for Chrome, and the GitHub repo that I just linked to doesn't even show the latest version of the extension; it looks like they just threw up the source for the original builds under that name in a half-assed attempt to satisfy the GPL.

Anyway, the problem is probably with the filter-lists you use; which filter-lists did you use in ABP, and which ones do you use in Adblocker Ultimate?

Also, if you'd like an alternative for ABP that is actually good, consider uBlock Origin.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
dr150

Post by dr150 »

Ublocker Origin also has this problem. It was the second blocker I tried before moving on to Ultimate--which worked.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Which filter-lists do you use with Adblocker Ultimate, and which ones did you use with ABP and uBlock Origin?
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
dr150

Post by dr150 »

Just the stock standard one that comes with Ultimate called "English Filter".