Ad block no longer working.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
hoggys2much

Ad block no longer working.

Post by hoggys2much »

Can someone help me please?

Yesterday my Ad block+ was working beautifully then I switched of my PC and when I put it back on it stopped working. It wasn't doing anything. I even tried re-installing it twice but nope it still doesn't work. I didn't touch any of the settings or anything in the options it just stopped by itself.

I would love to have it back as it did one thing that AdBlock Ultimate doesn't do and that is block those annoying stupid facebook, twitter, google+ links on pages.

So what can I do to get it back working?

I am on Firefox 54.0.1
kolor

Re: Ad block no longer working.

Post by kolor »

Good question in my firefox 57 also ABP plus 2.9.1 not works .I see advertisement .
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Try going to the Add-Ons tab (Accel-Shift-A) and explicitly uninstalling ABP; then restart Firefox (even if it doesn't tell you to) and go to adblockplus.org to install directly from the source.

If that doesn't work, consider resetting your Firefox profile, because it may be corrupted.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
kolor

Post by kolor »

This nothing change .I still see some parts ad..Then new version Firefox 57.0a1 start works this happened.
hoggys2much

Post by hoggys2much »

lewisje wrote:Try going to the Add-Ons tab (Accel-Shift-A) and explicitly uninstalling ABP; then restart Firefox (even if it doesn't tell you to) and go to adblockplus.org to install directly from the source.

If that doesn't work, consider resetting your Firefox profile, because it may be corrupted.

Nope still didn't work.

I am still getting those annoying banners for twitter, facebook and google+.

It is Ad Block+ that is the problem not my Firefox profile. If my profile was corrupted like you say then none of my other add-on's would be working. My uBlock and Ad Block Ultimate are working beautifully along with all my other add-on's.

The problem is with Ad Block+ not me. I noticed there was an update on the 2nd of August I wonder if that has something to do with it.
kolor

Post by kolor »

The ABP losing my filter .When I restart Firefox 57 and start again I have seen ABP plus remove my filter .That I see ad.Any reinstall ABP plus nothing improve .

I could say ABP plus loosing filter in Firefox 57
kolor

Post by kolor »

Work this helps fly."
delete storage.js
Reopen FF, restore from backup.ini

But 2 more questions why .This website show my ask about cookies if I have this filter .
http://www.tvn24.pl/
tvn24.pl###msgLayer
And not hide .
Facbook the same .cookies ask

Code: Select all

Starting in Firefox 57, which will be released in November 2017, only add-ons built with this new technology will work in Firefox. These are indicated by the “Compatible with Firefox 57+” label on addons.mozilla.org (AMO). Add-ons built with the old technology are labeled “Legacy” on the about:addons tab.

If an add-on does not have the "Compatible with 57+" label or has the "Legacy" label, the developer may be in the process of transitioning to the new technology. 
Why Legacy I see in my Firefox 57 ????????????
alexsmith84

Post by alexsmith84 »

Well, there is one way that always works for me. Just reinstall it. If it doesn't help, reinstall browser. Worked out for me like 100 times. But i don't know why AB doens't work sometimes. Really weird.
skullboy

Post by skullboy »

it may be your window install it's new update and make cause the issue of not making it to work properly, but anyway try and re install first, that should work fine.