Wash Post - nile.works - only subscribers affected?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
harryh

Wash Post - nile.works - only subscribers affected?

Post by harryh »

The filters are blocking references to coral-talk.ext.nile.works. I can't figure out why.

I tried to enable "@@||nile.works^ but that hasn't worked.

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 2ed1f8ecc2> is the page when not signed in as a subscriber. Once I sign in as a subscriber the comments area using nile.works won't load. Oddly, some pages do load that still reference nile.works running the comment section.

Maybe they have determined to block comments selectively? I just can't figure this out.
lewisje

Re: Wash Post - nile.works - only subscribers affected?

Post by lewisje »

Try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ublock/comment ... ules_help/

The specific filter is @@||www.washingtonpost.com/*/twp-global.js$ ... hird-party (transformed to fit ABP syntax, which does not recognize first-party as an option.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
harryh

Re: Wash Post - nile.works - only subscribers affected?

Post by harryh »

The specific filter is @@||www.washingtonpost.com/*/twp-global.js$ ... hird-party (transformed to fit ABP syntax, which does not recognize first-party as an option.
I added this to my exception rules but it didn't seem to change anything. I do appreciate the effort, particularly in adapting the reddit fix which I had already tried.

What do others do in trying to identify overly blocked items? I sent a report of excessive blocking, but since it seems related to my subscription - only subscribers can add to the comment field related to nile.works. If WaPo would only reduce the annoying ads I could turn blocking off, but I digress.