Must disable ABP on Facebook and Intellicast

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
southernlady

Must disable ABP on Facebook and Intellicast

Post by southernlady »

I use Firefox almost exclusively. My Intellicast has always shown me the current temperature at my 'saved' location. About 2 weeks ago, it stopped doing so. I went to Internet Explorer (which I DO NOT LIKE and normally DO NOT USE) and noticed that Intellicast on IE DID show the current temperature at my 'saved' location. Through a lot of trial and error, I have discovered that if I turn off ABP on Intellicast, my current temperature shows up fine. So that's what I've done. I would rather see a few ads and the current temperature instead of no ads and no current temperature. Oh well....

About 2 weeks ago I also started having LOTS of trouble on Facebook. Links to posts would not open; I was unable to 'Share' posts; and I was unable to edit or delete posts. Finally, today, I decided to try disabling ABP on Facebook and now everything is working the way it used to -- except that I am seeing ads. Again, I'd rather have Facebook work with ads than not work without ads.

I do not understand WHY this happened about 2 weeks ago. Has ABP recently been 'upgraded'? If so, I'd like to use an older version.
mapx

Re: Must disable ABP on Facebook and Intellicast

Post by mapx »

FF version ?
ABP version ?
filter lists enabled in ABP ?

Provide exact link to such a page of intellicast.
southernlady

Post by southernlady »

Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit)
I have no idea what ABP version -- it doesn't say, only that ABP is enabled.
I don't know what filter list -- it said I didn't have one enabled and gave me a link to enable it so I did.
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Rad ... region=shd
mapx

Post by mapx »

Where on the page should be the current temp ?

southernlady

Post by southernlady »

59° Winchester, Virginia
Universal Time: Friday, 08 Sep 2017, 13:13
Current Radar
mapx

Post by mapx »

yes, I see now.

It works well in chrome, does not work in FF even disabling completely any addon.
So, seems to be a firefox issue.
southernlady

Post by southernlady »

it shows for me after turning off abp for that intellicast page.

I know the 'rules' say that mozilla won't suggest filter lists but how am I supposed to know how to do it? I looked again and mine says it is japanese! Why on earth would it be japanese? Is there some place I can go that WILL suggest a proper filter that might not cause all of these problems?

I appreciate your assistance.
southernlady

Post by southernlady »

I have deleted the Japanese thing and added easylist and fanboy. I think this may have solved my problem. Thanks for all of your assistance!