Adbock plus no longer works "Obsolete"

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
PapaN

Adbock plus no longer works "Obsolete"

Post by PapaN »

Hello :)

I started to use ABP years ago and all worked fine until a few weeks ago. Indeed, I'm now seeing all website ads and ABP is stamped "OBSOLETE" (maybe different in english, as I translated from french) on Mozilla addons page. I tried to uninstall and reinstall ABP from the ABP website but it's still not working and still displayed as "OBSOLETE". My firefox is up to date.

What should I check?

Thank you!
lewisje

Re: Adbock plus no longer works "Obsolete"

Post by lewisje »

If you're using the Nightly version of Firefox, which is WebExtension-only, the current hybrid extension won't work; Palant & Co. plan to have the WebExtension version of ABP go live by the time Firefox 57 goes stable, but for the moment you could try the development builds of ABP.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
PapaN

Post by PapaN »

Hi,

What is Firefox Nightly? I use standard version of Mozilla. Should ABP work with it ? :)
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you try the last dev build (beta) ?
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... sions/beta

It's in fact the current ABP for chrome, but there are still some bugs in the new webextension framework from mozilla. Give it a try.
PapaN

Post by PapaN »

It seems to work now...

I'll try that if the issue show up again :)

Thank you!