No more Block Images in FF 56 for Mac

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Balisani

No more Block Images in FF 56 for Mac

Post by Balisani »

Since the FF update to v56.0, the function Block Images in the contextual menu has disappeared (all sites I visit).

For a couple of days, old filters (image blocks) still worked, but since this morning (Oct 11), even the old blocks/filters are no longer operational.

Am I the only one? Any ideas? Downgrade FF seems risky in this day and age, but perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling AdBlock would help?

I've not done it yet because I don't want to lose the hundred+ image filters I've painstakingly put in place already.

Any insight, advice, will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Balisani

Re: No more Block Images in FF 56 for Mac

Post by Balisani »

Yep, that worked - it's now called block element. That said, it's not perfect: I see Block Element when I right click on some images, but not on others (not sure what the technical pattern is). So it's a 50% solution.

Also, I can see in the settings that my old list is still there too, but it doesn't work (filter), so I'll have to re-filter all over again, at least those on which the Block Element menu appears.

I'm glad it's working at least half the time - some pictures on some sites I'd just not rather see.

If you hear/know of a 100% fix, I'm buying ; )

Thanks mate,

Balisani