Closing Firefox loses ABP settings

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Lynne

Closing Firefox loses ABP settings

Post by Lynne »

Since upgrading Firefox (56.0) and ABP (2.99.0), 95% of the time when I close Firefox, when I reopen it, ABP acts like I just installed it (sometimes even still pops up the 'You just installed ABP' page) and has lost all of my settings and custom filters. Is there anything to help prevent this? The new ABP doesn't offer filter saves as far as I can see, so I can't restore from a backup. This has been going on for a week or so and I'm getting tired of having to set all my filters and options every time I launch Firefox. I've tried installing some of the beta versions, but that hasn't fixed things either.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
mapx

Re: Closing Firefox loses ABP settings

Post by mapx »

You should try FF 57 (now in beta). FF 56 has a lot of bugs with the new webextensions framework.
Lynne

Re: Closing Firefox loses ABP settings

Post by Lynne »

Thanks for the info. I tried installing it just now, but it disables so many of my add-ons and settings that I was overwhelmed in the new layout. I really hope I can find solutions for my most used add-ons and preferences before that is the new standard.