AdBlock Plus 3.0.1
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial)
I'm having a problem with ABP hampering the loading of the site http://www.ticalc.org when it is supposed to be disabled for that site. I want to allow ads on the site, so I turn on the “Disabled for this site” option. Doing so causes every page on the site to show the spinning loading icon indefinitely, and ads never completely load. Disabling or uninstalling ABP eliminates the problem.
To prove this is a problem with ABP, I have done the following:
1. Create a brand new, clean Firefox profile
2. In the new profile, install ABP from addons.mozilla.org (and no other extensions)
3. Go to http://www.ticalc.org, then select the “disabled for this site” option
4. Reload the site and confirm that loading never completes
5. Uninstall (or disable) ABP from the Firefox add-on management UI and try again: the site now loads promptly (complete with ads)
What's going on?
Update: I have tested with ABP 2.9.1, and this older version does not seem to have the problem. It appears to have introduced sometime between then and 3.0.1.