[invalid] YouTube "&pbjreload=10" Previous Page Glitch

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
cwm0017

[invalid] YouTube "&pbjreload=10" Previous Page Glitch

Post by cwm0017 »

The page starts to load normally for a second or half a second then it reloads the page with the added text and the end of the url "&pbjreload=10", if I click the "show the previous page" button it should take me to the same page you are on but without the "&pbjreload=10" text in the url ( both the page with the added url text and the page without are able to block ads properly), only if I click the "show the previous page" again will I be able to go back to your actual previous page and not the same page with the added url text. This behavior continues as long as I am on a youtube page or have turned adblock off in my chrome preferences, pausing adblock does not stop the issue from persisting.
lewisje

Re: YouTube "&pbjreload=10" Previous Page Glitch

Post by lewisje »

First, you're in the Firefox support forum; second, the behavior you describe sounds like something from AdBlock for Chrome, which has an icon that looks like a hand inside a stop sign and is not made by the team behind ABP.

Specifically, when you use the feature for being able to whitelist particular YouTube channels, the way AdBlock does this is by detecting the channel associated with a video page, and then appending something to the query string in the URL, so that a whitelist filter can match that part of the query string; in the process, it reloads the page, and the fact that it has to do that is why this feature is not on by default. It is not available in ABP as far as I am aware, just AdBlock.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.