Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
jaybiam

Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus

Post by jaybiam »

I have the most current version of AB+ for Firefox, and with it the most current version of Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus. I am NOT using Firefox Quantum I am using Firefox v. 56.0.2 .. however I cannot find Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus anywhere. I used to simply right click on the AB+ Button but no longer, it only brings up the Firefox Menu. It is not in Custom Settings, and yes it's active, and not disabled. Where is it now, and why can't I right click to find it anymore?
mapx

Re: Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus

Post by mapx »

If you want to stay with FF 56 just downgrade to ABP 2.9.1.
If you will go with FF 57 you have to use ABP 3 (EHH is not available for the new ABP)
luvin_abp_ehh_on_esr

Re: Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus

Post by luvin_abp_ehh_on_esr »

I ran into this problem accidentally and it took a bit of digging to find out what a fix would be ... so in my case I picked 2.8.2 instead of 2.9.1 since 2.9 and 2.9.1 involve a series of changes to how ABP stores information and I didn't note any other features in the release notes... What a wonderful thing to have the ABP+EHH functionality back! I missed it and due to the soft-fail behavior wondered if somehow ABP had been neutered by some nefarious ad agency :-) I'm on ESR due to NPAPI dependencies...