Default Setting on ABP General Settings Unchecks Itself

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Marco

Default Setting on ABP General Settings Unchecks Itself

Post by Marco »

FF Quantum 57.0.4
ABP Development Build

On Adblock Plus Options, based on what I've learned, I think the feature "Block social media icons tracking" should always be checked.

It is unchecked on default, but I've checked it a couple of times in the past week as it becomes unchecked in the interim.
Should I enable a filter, instead?

I don't know how conflicts are caused.
With all the filter lists, which, if any, are duplicative with Easy List and Easy Privacy enabled?
Are there overlaps with Fanboy's lists?

One other statement: no matter how many anti-Facebook filters are added, FB seems to bypass ALL of them.
And they are recently stressing how much FREEDOM they're giving me? I don't even begin to know how to respond to them, although they generally restore their colored backgrounds quickly (when you write your own not-very-long post) when I ask them to restore black.

If I should break this down into different posts, I will.

Thank you.
mapx

Re: Default Setting on ABP General Settings Unchecks Itself

Post by mapx »

for facebook test these filters (adapt them to your own language)

Code: Select all

facebook.com#?#div[data-testid="fbfeed_story"]:-abp-has(a[href*="[is_sponsored]"])
facebook.com#?#.fbUserStory:-abp-contains(People you)
facebook.com#?#.userContentWrapper:-abp-contains(People you)
facebook.com#?#.ego_section:-abp-contains(People you)
facebook.com#?#.mtm:-abp-contains(Products shown)
Marco

Post by Marco »

Are they fine as is for English?

I don't understand the writing of filters.

Thank you.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Sure, for english.

Read about the syntax:
en/filters#elemhide-emulation
jeen

Post by jeen »

"Block social media icons tracking" (the `Fanboy's Social Blocking List` filter list) is not enabled by default, but the new design of the Settings page intends to make it clearer for the user to be able to find additional filter lists to further improve the user's privacy if they so wish.

However, that is interesting that "Block social media icons tracking" becomes unchecked. I will look into this.
jeen

Post by jeen »

Could you create an issue regarding the setting unchecking, so we can investigate it?

You can do this by clicking on the taskbar icon > Report an Issue

If we can reproduce the problem we'll have something to go on and can try to figure it out.

Thanks!
Marco

Post by Marco »

jeen wrote:"Block social media icons tracking" (the `Fanboy's Social Blocking List` filter list) is not enabled by default, but the new design of the Settings page intends to make it clearer for the user to be able to find additional filter lists to further improve the user's privacy if they so wish.

However, that is interesting that "Block social media icons tracking" becomes unchecked. I will look into this.
jeen,
I apologize that I did not see your post until today.
I just played around with my settings.

Enable filter: Fanboy's Social Blocking List and in General settings Block is checked.
In General, uncheck Block social media icons tracking and Fanboy's List actually disappeared from my filters list.

I'm reporting it now.

Thank you.