ABP closing new tab from google results

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
rivokl

ABP closing new tab from google results

Post by rivokl »

Hi all.

First of all, thanks to the developers for ABP, I used it pretty much from the very beginning. You know it's good when you don't even notice anymore it's there. Alas today it came to my attention. To be fair, Firefox came to my attention too much frequently recently. I really don't like what Mozilla did to FF, I understand the need for better security, I can adapt to a new UI but many extensions essential to its usability/usefulness went to the garbage abruptly, especially Session Manager. Maybe time to get back to a previous version or go the Chrome way. But then, here and today is not the place and time for that part.

My setup: FF 57.0.4 (64-bit), ABP 3.0.2, English and French language hints, plus AakList (Anti-Adblock Killer), Adblock Warning Removal List, Malware Domains, NoCoin Filter List as filters

Steps to reproduce problem: search "anything" on google, middle-click/right-click open in a new tab any resulting link, ABP closes down any new tab (disabling ABP restores expected behavior). Left-click any google result also works as expected (page is loaded in current tab).

Similar problem (after a quick search): https://www.reddit.com/r/Adblock/commen ... osing_new/
Maybe a hint at a possible solution: https://github.com/uBlockAdmin/uBlock/issues/1051
mapx

Re: ABP closing new tab from google results

Post by mapx »

update easylist, test again
rivokl

Re: ABP closing new tab from google results

Post by rivokl »

Hello mapx,

A few experiments:
1- Updated all filters -> No improvement
2- Disabled both languages, as well as both Block additional tracking and Block social media icons tracking unchecked (The 4 extra filters mentioned in my original post still activated) -> It works (no more closing of new tab)!
3- Checked both Block additional tracking Block social media icons tracking again -> It still works.
4- Added English language -> Bug came back!! As all it adds is Easylist, there seems to be a problem with Easylist.
5- Removing Easylist restores expected behavior again.

Conclusion: what's wrong with Easylist right now?