All my filters and subscriptions are gone

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
cmmc

All my filters and subscriptions are gone

Post by cmmc »

Been using abp 2.9.1(4260-beta) on ff 52 esr (64bits), because of you-know-what, and since ff was updated to 52.7.2, all my filters and subscriptions are gone and my filter list is empty - not a single one fiilter available.
There's still an abp folder in ff profile, but filters there are from over a year ago...

Did I just lost all my custom filters?

Btw, to those arguing about moving to uBlock, because of ff turning to a chrome clone, I tried that (more than once...) and end up being back because, to me, uBlock is a legit POS; sure it may filter more, but then gives you much less control over what's going on and what you can do about it than abp does(/did):
- the gui is clearly made for the iPhone generation and doesn't let you know what's being filtered exactly;
- filter creation is imbecilic at best, and forces you to edit each filter manual and individually most of the times to make it work decently (eg: sub-sites, like in tumblr);
- performance wise, I couldn't notice any practical difference; maybe my old pc is limiting it, maybe because ff, windows memory management is such a POS itself that it's terrible regardless. Don't know, doesn't matter; it is what it is;
- last(?) but not least, splitting the app in two is beyond asinine; out goes convenience, in comes overlapping of functions, gaps between them, and inconsistencies in behavior and appearance;

Not that any of that has anything to do with abp, but so that you know, if you're thinking about it (and didn't knew already).
bruceb

Re: All my filters and subscriptions are gone

Post by bruceb »

Mine were missing on my XP PRO SP3 box this morning. Running Firefox 52.7.2 ESR and AdBlock Plus 2.91 (do not like the way 3.0 works yet)
Luckily I had a bit of forethought and had backed up the filters. So I was able to import them and then just do a filter update to the current definitions.
I do not know how they disappeared