How to stop Adblock first run window

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Docfxit

How to stop Adblock first run window

Post by Docfxit »

Every time I start Firefox my home screen opens and the Adblock Plus first run screen opens.

I would like to know how to stop the Adblock first run screen from opening. I can understand it opening the first time I install it. I don't need to see it every time I open Firefox.

Running:
Firefox ver. 56.0.2
Adblock Plus ver. 3.0.2
Win7

Thank you,

Docfxit
kimcros

Re: How to stop Adblock first run window

Post by kimcros »

I have a similar problem, it is terribly annoying to me, but nei I can deal with it
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

We're currently looking into the issue because we're receiving various reports from other users who experience that issue. Unfortunately, none of us was able to reproduce it yet so it's still unclear what's causing it.

Which of these two pages do you see popping up?
- First-run page
- Updates page

Does the issue still occur with version 3.0.4 or when updating Firefox to the latest version (i.e. 59)?
Docfxit

Post by Docfxit »

I am using Firefox ver. 56.0.2.
I can't upgrade to the latest version of Firefox because an extention I use called Session Manager is not working with the later versions.
It is the first run page that comes up.

Docfxit
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

I see, thanks for clarifying. Sadly still no success with reproducing it.

Do you happen to use any tools that might interfer with browser settings (e.g. anti-virus program)? It's still unclear what could be causing this behavior but it appears as if the extension is unable to store any data for some reason.

Edit: I've created this ticket so that we can keep track of this issue.