Possible bug for Firefox, no Show 'Block element' ability

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
FappleJacks

Possible bug for Firefox, no Show 'Block element' ability

Post by FappleJacks »

Adblock version: Version number 3.0.3
Browser: Firefox quantum 59.0.2 64-bit
No changes to filter lists or any other extensions/configurations

The issue is that the option for "Show 'Block element' right-click menu item" does not appear in the context menu whatsoever when enabled. Block element itself will appear via the ABP icon but not in the right-click context menu; this is a very important feature for me because I have to disable ABP on some websites but used to be able to still individually block certain ads/frames/etc.

Is there any way that I can correct this or track down why this is happening? Thank you for your time.
FappleJacks

Re: Possible bug for Firefox, no Show 'Block element' ability

Post by FappleJacks »

I just noticed something that is probably obvious to others but that I did not know. The right click context menu will show up only on pages that are not whitelisted or where ABP has been disabled. This kinda sucks because a majority of sites will detect ABP immediately and not load unless you disable it on the site overall. However, if you enable it once the site loads, the right-click context menu comes up and will allow you to block an element. Is there a way to get this context menu element blocking feature to work overall so that I can visit sites that ban adblockers and still block certain frames and/or random page opening re-directs etc?