lost my filters after the auto update of ABP 3.0.4

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
l0st

lost my filters after the auto update of ABP 3.0.4

Post by l0st »

I lost all my custom filters and the manually added lists after the auto update of ABP 3.0.4 :cry:
HhSnow

Re: lost my filters after the auto update of ABP 3.0.4

Post by HhSnow »

I'm not sure if this is related to updates or not, but it's super annoying. Every now and then, when Firefox starts, it tries to open up my home page tab and a tab related to the extension, but then ditches them because finally in the startup process it realizes that it wasn't supposed to load those anyway, but was supposed to load my tabs from last time (Firefox is just stupid like that; awful, buggy, insecure piece-of-junk browser, but still beats the competition). In any case, I'm not sure why it's trying to load the extension page in the first place, as it's not even on my home page list, but when it does, if I go back to it later I'll see that all my non-default settings of any kind are lost.

If what FF is telling me is at all accurate, the extension was last updated 2018-04-21 to 3.0.4, but I've been experiencing this problem lately, not way back then.

I've started keeping all my custom filters in a separate text file and pasting them in whenever ABP forgets everything. Better typing them in a text file anyway, because the text box on the settings page is junk. But still really annoying to have to put my settings back where they were every few days.
l0st

Post by l0st »

I lost my filter lists again after update ABP to 3.1 :-(
CZeke

Post by CZeke »

HhSnow, did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem -- ABP is updating multiple times a day, clearing all my custom filters (and incidentally switching "Allow Acceptable Ads" back on if I had it off).
mapx

Post by mapx »

Start a new profile in FF and reinstall all your addons.