Status Bar Display problem?!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

Status Bar Display problem?!

Post by Guest »

I have noticed recently with regards to the development builds that the Status Bar Display with regards to the text or icon or nothing does not actually seem to save the settings.

I have it set to none, but every now and then when I enter the settings menu it defaults to the text setting?

Is this a bug or is it intended?
mcm

Post by mcm »

I remember running into that a while back when trying to fix the issue where changing the status bar display type wasn't updated on all open windows. Anyway if it is that then it's already been fixed, see the latest development builds:

Adblock Plus Dev

Post by Guest »

Thank You

Post by Guest »

Nope the problem is still there.

Although it does not seem to to default to the text setting upon entering the settings menu anymore, when I changed a setting eg. Disabling Check DIV Elements, the text display appears again.
Sasafrass

Post by Sasafrass »

I'm still having this problem as well, with version 0.5.9.2.
guester

Post by guester »

I also have the same problem with version 0.5.9.20050831.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Sasafrass wrote:I'm still having this problem as well, with version 0.5.9.2.
The fix happened after 0.5.9.2 hence why I linked the developer builds.
guester wrote:I also have the same problem with version 0.5.9.20050831.
Really :-k The steps you've described are exactly what I found to reproduce the problem and is solved for me now. This come about on the nightly builds of Mozilla because of some changes but what OS are you running under and are you using Mozilla or Firefox?
guester

Post by guester »

What happens exactly: I use the icon for adblock. But if I look at the adblock window/preferences, the icon automaticly disappears. No matter what I do in this window. Simply opening it is enough. Only a restart of Firefox brings the icon back (if I set "text", the same happens).

My config:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-DE; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050717 Firefox/1.0.6
Win XP SP2

Adblock plus 0.5.9.20050831 (with fiterset.G)
TBP, Flashgot, PrefButtons, User Agent Switcher, x, Menu Editor
mcm

Post by mcm »

Ok that is a different issue. The one I fixed was caused by changes made to the recent nightly builds of Firefox but 1.0.6 would still be fine. Will do some testing using that version. It seems there is one other with the some problem:
http://p2.forumforfree.com/bug-help-vt9 ... kplus.html

Although it would be cool to see if you can reproduce the same problem by creating a new profile using the profile manager. You can use it to go back once you're done.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Post by Guest »

(Still not tested with new profile.)

I found, which could cause the problem:

I use the icon/text on the left side of the statusbar; not on the right side like it is default. On the right side I have no problems. But when I drag the thing on the left side, the problems occur again. Perhaps this will help.
mcm

Post by mcm »

Thanks indeed it does help a lot. Now that I can reproduce I've fixed the bug so you can download the developer version or wait for the next release.

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Me again. The new version solves the worst issues, but still a small bug remains. To avoid splitting, I posted it in http://p2.forumforfree.com/-vp559-adblockplus.html#559 .