Adblock Plus Causing Jumping Scrolling in Firefox

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
MiniKoontzy

Adblock Plus Causing Jumping Scrolling in Firefox

Post by MiniKoontzy »

Just a warning for Firefox users:

Within the past month or so I suddenly developed a scrolling "hiccup" issue with Firefox. After consulting with Mozilla staff it seems the problem exists with extensions, and I narrowed it down to between a Norton add on and Adblock Plus. I did some experimentation to try to fix jumping scrolling Firefox, and disabling Adblock Plus caused the problem to vanish instantly. I had this issue crop up before and temporarily fixed it, but then it cropped up again, which is why I'm writing this. I know this is an issue with Adblock Plus because I just installed a regular Adblock designed for Firefox and the hiccup scrolling suddenly vanished. So something in Adblock Plus's coding is causing problems with the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox -- not sure what, but there is definitely some kind of issue that needs looking into.
mapx

Re: Adblock Plus Causing Jumping Scrolling in Firefox

Post by mapx »

report here
https://issues.adblockplus.org

but provide the exact steps to reproduce such issue
nguyenquangbinh

Re: Adblock Plus Causing Jumping Scrolling in Firefox

Post by nguyenquangbinh »

I have the same issue too. I will try to report it now. Hope it will be fixed soon. TY.