Firefox 3.6.6 Problems?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Delta

Firefox 3.6.6 Problems?

Post by Delta »

I have recently installed an update for firefox (3.6.6) and adblock seems to not be working anymore. I'm using adblock 1.2.

Any ideas?
Hubird

Re: Firefox 3.6.6 Problems?

Post by Hubird »

Make sure it is enabled in Tools > Add ons.

If it is make sure you have a filter subscription present and enabled.
Delta

Post by Delta »

Yes and yes. I am using the USA filters and I'm in the UK but it was working fine before I updated my firefox.
Samual

Post by Samual »

I installed that 3.6.6 twice and both times I uninstalled it too. The way I feel about things today, is if it don't work right for me, it's gone!! :roll:
marc

Post by marc »

Running Firefox 3.6.6
Adblock was working fine but suddenly stopped working - i looked in add-ons and it wasn't there any more so i installed it again - everything was then fine ..... rebooted next day and adblock still installed but not working - tried uninstalling and re-installing and same issue :-/

Anybody any ideas as to why this may be happening, pls?
Guestie

Post by Guestie »

Not sure, but I'm experiencing the same problems. It was working one day then just stopped. I updated to 3.6.6 Firefox installed the new one. But every time I look at my add-ons it keeps saying will install after restart of Firefox. And I've done that multiple times with no results.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Everybody experiencing this issue, please see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Una ... sion_files
It is probably some updater issue because the difference between Firefox 3.6.4 and 3.6.6 is absolutely minimal.
Guestie

Post by Guestie »

Thanks! That solved the problem.
Graf

Post by Graf »

I can't even install Adblock on Firefox 3.6.6, I get this error:
"Firefox не смог установить файл с

«https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... pi?src=api»

по следующей причине: Цифровая подпись не может быть проверена.
-260"
It means "Firefox can't install the file because Digital signature can't be verified" (just have a very old computer and can't use latest version of Firefox), can anyone suggest a compatible version of Adblock?
Last edited by Graf on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Graf

Post by Graf »

yes, it's not working, just find a latest version 1.3.2 that can work with Firefox 3.6.6, those notices about compatibility with Firefox must be fixed.

Besides I can't add filters, cause when I try to add them from Adblock options, it loads processor at 100% and can't do nothing, and link what appeared after installing can't find in browser history, it just not added in history after opened it, how to find it?
mapx

Post by mapx »

Nobody will still support FF 3.6.6 or / and ABP 1.3.*
Graf

Post by Graf »

I mean that it must not load processor at 100%, that's all!
If you know, just give the link with all subscriptions, cause I can't find it in browser history and I don't know other method to add subscriptions.
Graf

Post by Graf »

no, I mean those link that appears after installing Adblock, there is all background in gray color and it looks like if you click "Add subscription..." from Adblock options