Pages displaying incorrectly with ABP enabled

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Neil Prague

Pages displaying incorrectly with ABP enabled

Post by Neil Prague »

A few days ago several web pages started displaying as text on the left of the page, with no images or formatting (the way they appear when No Style is selected in the Firefox View options). The only way I could get the pages to display correctly was to disable ABP. None of these sites has anti-adblock pop-ups; in fact none of these sites has any ads at all. Even so ABP signalled that several elements were being blocked, when usually it doesn't have to block anything on these sites.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ABP but that didn't help, and in the end I had to reset/refresh Firefox before installing ABP again to get it working.

The problem is solved, but any ideas what might have caused this so I can prevent it happening again? As far as I know my computer is clean.
Neil Prague

Re: Pages displaying incorrectly with ABP enabled

Post by Neil Prague »

I see! This happened 3 days ago so the fix must have been implemented at the same time as I was refreshing Firefox. Quite a coincidence :o

Many thanks and keep up the good work.