Suddenly Lots of Facebook Ads?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Littlebit

Suddenly Lots of Facebook Ads?

Post by Littlebit »

Hello! I've been using AdBlock for several months with little to no problems - it's worked very well for me. Thank-you to the developers!

All of a sudden this week, I'm starting to get Facebook sponsored ads like crazy - every 5th post (specifically every 2d, 7th, 12th, 17th, 22nd, 27th, etc. post on my feed) is an ad. It's, in a word, annoying.

In my earlier days of using AdBlock, if FB managed to include some ads (I realize it's a cat and mouse game), I could send a report to AdBlock and there would be the chance to send a screen shot of said ad(s)...and a few days later I wouldn't get ads again for a number of weeks. I'm getting many more ads now, and when I try to send a report, I only have the option to send my name and comment, but no photo of the ad.

I'm an older user, not super tech savvy and admittedly wasn't watching Adblock development very closely...as long as it was working in the background, I was happy ;-) - if I continue to report, even without the pictures of the ads, will AdBlock knows what the offending ads are, and will they go away in a few days, as they did in the past?

I've got Firefox Quantum 61.0.2 on a Mac

Thank-you!
mapx

Re: Suddenly Lots of Facebook Ads?

Post by mapx »

Try these filters

Code: Select all

facebook.com#?#.userContentWrapper:-abp-contains(Suggested Post)
facebook.com#?#.userContentWrapper:-abp-has(a[href*="/ads/"])
If does not work, right click the page, save as ..., then zip together the folder + the html page (saved before) and upload it (the zip) on some free server. Post here the link.
Littlebit

Post by Littlebit »

Thanks mapx! Unfortunately, I have no idea of how to use filters (again, I'm not tech savvy). Fortunately, the problem seems to be resolved today. :-) Thanks again!
mapx

Post by mapx »

how to add custom filters
forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42013
Littlebit

Post by Littlebit »

Thank-you.
mapx

Post by mapx »