All websites in the whitelist of ABP dissaperead suddenly!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
gaddy

All websites in the whitelist of ABP dissaperead suddenly!

Post by gaddy »

I have a question about add-on AdBlockPlus. I use Mozilla Firefox, the latest version. I have not reinstalled the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system for a long time, but I found that all the sites I added to the whitelist of AdBlockPlus disappeared. Why? The list is empty. Is there a chance to recover the sites that were in the whitelist? Is there a way to do that? Thank you!
I do not know why all the sites in the whitelist have disappeared. It is true that many Mozilla Firefox browser updates have been released but I do not understand why all the sites in the whitelist have been deleted.
If you know how to do this, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
DrCR

Re: All websites in the whitelist of ABP dissaperead suddenly!

Post by DrCR »

gaddy,

It sounds like your AdBlockPlus has been upgraded (perhaps due to your Firefox being upgraded to the latest version -- the latest version of Firefox does not support the older AdBlockPlus addon versions).

To find your exceptions, open your pattern.ini with a good text editor e.g. NotePad++, and do a search for url=~user, and you should be able to find all the exceptions you made in the older version of the AdBlockPlus software.

Where to find the pattern.ini file? I'm not on a Windows computer right now, but I'm guessing the pattern.ini file is in %localappdata%/Firefox/profile1234.default/adblockplus/ or some such.