Updated Firefox and AdBlock doesn't work.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
time

Re: Updated Firefox and AdBlock doesn't work.

Post by time »

This does not help. As mentioned by others above the problem continues, but only with Window 7 computer, my Windows XP computers have no problems. This says to me that Windows 7 compatibility is most probably the issue.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Again, I offered to have a look myself, via TeamViewer. That's the best I can do. I know that this is some Firefox profile bustage and you can "fix" it by creating a new profile (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles) but I would like to know what the exact problem is.
ReplicA

Post by ReplicA »

I know this does not apply to everyone here, but it worked for me in my situation. My deal was, after updating FF, the adblock button disappeared, and I couldn't control it anymore. It worked in the sense that most of the normal blocked ads, stayed blocked, so if it's straight up not working for you, this won't help you at all. Sorry.

I just right clicked on the tool area of FF, click on customize, find the ABP stop sign, clock and drag it on to the FF toolbar, now you have the normal control you had before the FF update. Hope that helps someone else in the same situation I was in.

Post by Guest »

Thank you. I've been having this problem too and this fixed it.
mike99

Post by mike99 »

I also have the same problem since updating to FF 3.6.10. Really miss this add-on.
I have tried everything suggested on this board and still have not had any success.
mike99

Post by mike99 »

Help please
still having the same problem and did everything suggested here.
Miss your program.
Time010153

Post by Time010153 »

Finally got it sorted out for me, on Window & system. With any updates younger than 3.6.8 I couldn't get Adblock or Flashblock to load.

Got irritated enough when updating to FF 3.6.11 to have a go at all the things that would come to mind, including the suggestions above. Back up your Bookmarks as a first step!

What I did in the end was delete all references to Firefox from my computer, i.e. uninstalled the program and then went searching for any residual Firefox folders and profiles and deleted them as well.

Loaded latest version, Imported my Bookmarks and downloaded Adblock and Flashblock, installed and restarted and all is now well.

Note: I didn't have any of these problems with my Windows XP computers.
jareesefromdastreets

Post by jareesefromdastreets »

GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:
GO TO WHERE IT HAS THE ADRESS BAR/HOME/REFRESH etc., right click and click customize.
You might have to scroll a little bit until you see the ADBLOCK symbol! Then just drag it unto the place where HOME and REFRESH is and its THERE! WHOO-HOO! :mrgreen: ...................... :shock:
Jean Valjean

Post by Jean Valjean »

I just read the post above and while trying to follow the instructions I figured out what was wrong.

On the tool bar next to the home icon is a ABP icon that was grayed out. It has a drop down feature and I clicked on it and saw it was disabled. I don't know how that happened but as soon as I did it the icon turned red and all my popups went away.

It was so simple. I would feel silly if I also didn't feel so relieved to finally have control over my computer again.
nadie

Post by nadie »

Jean Valjean wrote:I just read the post above and while trying to follow the instructions I figured out what was wrong.

On the tool bar next to the home icon is a ABP icon that was grayed out. It has a drop down feature and I clicked on it and saw it was disabled. I don't know how that happened but as soon as I did it the icon turned red and all my popups went away.

It was so simple. I would feel silly if I also didn't feel so relieved to finally have control over my computer again.
This fixed the problem I was having. Thank you.