"add exception" button missing from whitelist filters (F12)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
jerriy

"add exception" button missing from whitelist filters (F12)

Post by jerriy »

How do I disable the whitelists that are embedded in easylist (or any other list)?

The blocked ones and others have "add exception" thing that pops up on the far right corner when using F12. If it is my creation then I can delete it individually but how do I disable whitelists within subscribed filters?
Last edited by jerriy on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jerriy

Re: "add exception" button missing from whitelist filters

Post by jerriy »

No reply for this

sup adblock plus?
mapx

Post by mapx »

It's not possible in ABP for the moment.

Other adblockers have this option ($important keyword in uBo can override an exception for example).
jerriy

Post by jerriy »

How come others have it but ABP doesn't (even tho it did, once upon a time)?

Seems like a "don't want to provide" than a "unable to provide" situation.
DrCR

Post by DrCR »

jerriy wrote:How come others have it but ABP doesn't (even tho it did, once upon a time)?
Firefox Quantum (version 60 and newer) significantly changed the foundation on which extensions rely.
jerriy wrote:Seems like a "don't want to provide" than a "unable to provide" situation.
Not sure on that one. uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger may be worth checking out (and uMatrix if you're inclined to get geeky).
mapx

Post by mapx »

You don't need badger if already using uBo.
jerriy

Post by jerriy »

I'm sorry but this is not good enough. I'm on facebook and I can't use this F12 method AND on top of that the main toolbar icon drop down menu's "block element" option doesn't appear when on Facebook (among various other sites). So my hands are completely tied thanks to ABP. That is wholly and totally unacceptable.

ABP is a BLOCKing site -- that's its bread and butter, instead it has become something else: at its core a whitelist site that "also" blocks stuff optionally. Which means it radically, fundamentally become the antithesis of what ABP was created for and what differentiated it from others in the past and I've been using it for over a decade.

I don't recognize this ABP. Perhaps there is new owner and/or commercial reasons are behind this.

Now I'm beginning to understand why there are forks. I will test those and promptly exit ABP. You are leaving me with literally no other option.