Adblock Causing Site Content to Collapse

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

Adblock Causing Site Content to Collapse

Post by Guest »

When I view websites like AnandTech.com and NeoWin.net with Adblock enabled it gets rid of the ads just fine but it also collapses the content of the page until you disable Adblock which negates the purpose of Adblock as it requires me to see those stupid ass advertisements everywhere. I’ve also noticed a couple other pages that are a bit twitchy. I am using Filterset.G from pierceive.com. Are the rules too restrictive or is this a new tactic by webmasters to thwart Adblock and similar systems.

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

I updated to the latest Filterset.G and it still does it.
!Filterset.G[http://www.pierceive.com/]=2005-08-24a
mcm

Post by mcm »

If you don't want the space left behind to collapse after blocking the ads then disable the "Collapse Blocked Elements" under Adblock Options. If you are using Filterset.G then also install the whitelist beta as well.
Z-95

Post by Z-95 »

This sounds like the intellitxt stuff being blocked when its not supposed to be. Use the Filterset.G Whitelist too and it will fix it.

Post by Guest »

I found the problem. As soon as I disabled "Check DIV Elements" it stopped doing what I was describing. It still blocks all of the ads but it is no longer collapsing site content at the sites I mentioned above or other web sites.