Can't find AdblockPlus on computer

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
lorelei92950

Can't find AdblockPlus on computer

Post by lorelei92950 »

I downloaded Adblock last night and it seems to be working at least it was when I went to Facebook. My problem I cannot find Adblock Plus among the programs on my computer, so if I wanted to uninstall it I would not be able to do so. I see that there is a button for the menu on my browser, so I can tweak it, but I need to know where to find the program.

Lorelei
Wladimir Palant

Re: Can't find AdblockPlus on computer

Post by Wladimir Palant »

It isn't an application but rather a Firefox extension. You can find your Firefox extensions under menu Tools / Add-ons / Extensions. That's also where you uninstall them.
Pickett26

Post by Pickett26 »

That leads me to a curious question. Is there supposed to be an entry for adblock plus under control panel and then remove programs? Because if so, I don't see one. But yeah, usually uninstalling it under firefox add-ons does the job. You can also just disable it there and re-enable it at a later time. :D
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

No, "remove programs" is for applications, and Adblock Plus isn't one.
lorelei92950

Post by lorelei92950 »

This is like more complicated than I figured and frankly, more complicated than they made it sound. I'm just a dummy with a computer. I know how to some things, but not other. Nevertheless I'll give it a try. I followed their explanations and now I'm showing an ABP button on my browser. I'll check it out. Thanks for answering! I tried to post this and it just called me a spammr!, trying again.