Custom icons

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
the ][mp

Custom icons

Post by the ][mp »

Hi! I really like the plugin but the i didn't think the standard status bar icons fitted in with the rest of the default skin. (Perfectionist? Maybe. :)) Anyway, i created a few 16x16 custom status bar icons and then i thought that maybe anyone else is interested.

The thought behind the icons was to create a star like the ones used in stores when they advertise a sale combined with the present icon.

The images are found here:
Image Image Image Image

Users:
Installation isn't that simple. Take backups and do this at your own risk. You'll have to locate your adblock.jar in your plugin folder, rename it to adblock.zip and extract it's contents. Then replace the images in the Skin folder. Compress the folders back to adblock.zip, rename it to adblock.jar again and replace the original one. And if you're lazy, i put my adblock.jar on the web too. Note that it's version number is 0.5.9. That one is found here: http://impen.ath.cx/work/adblock_plus_icons/adblock.jar.

Developers:
If you like my icons, feel free to use them in any release or whatever. :)

Cheers!

Edit:
I discovered that i had saved the images in low quality, that's fixed now.
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Its nice, but d'any1 really need it? :-D
the ][mp

Post by the ][mp »

Nope, it's not needed, just fancy stuff. :) Just thought i'd share if anyone maybe wanted it.
Paulfox

Post by Paulfox »

What would be nice is if "DIV" and "@@ whitelist" filters could be a different hilite color in the filter list - and filters newer than 1 week be hilited a different color for easier editing/tweaking!
mcm

Post by mcm »

It's a nice idea and have been wandering about having multiple skins packaged in Adblock where the user can switch between them.

Displaying whitelist filters in a different colour is something already done in the developer builds.
http://p2.forumforfree.com/development- ... kplus.html
Paulfox

Post by Paulfox »

"Displaying whitelist filters in a different colour is something already done in the developer builds."

WOOHOO. Skins I don't use - hilited filter types would be MOST COOL.
phunkydizco

Post by phunkydizco »

Is it possible to change the status icons without changing them in the jar file? Perhaps with the userChrome.css?
cyberrus

Post by cyberrus »

icon change with userChrome.css

Code: Select all

statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"] {
	list-style-image: url("path_to_your_ENABLED_icon") !important
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="enabled"] {
	list-style-image: url("path_to_your_ENABLED_icon") !important
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="enabled"]:hover  {
	list-style-image: url("path_to_your_DISABLED_icon") !important
}
cheers

Post by Guest »

Here are some new statusbar icons, inspired from the lindows crystal icons.

Image Image Image Image

Copy the files to the chrome folder and add the following lines to userChrome.css

Code: Select all

statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][quickblock="partial"] > [id="adblock-status-image"] { 
	border-style: none none none none !important; 
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="enabled"] { 
	list-style-image: url("adblock1.png") !important; 
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="enabled"]:hover {
	list-style-image: url("adblock2.png") !important; 
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="notlistening"] { 
	list-style-image: url("adblock3.png") !important; 
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="notlistening"]:hover {
	list-style-image: url("adblock3.png") !important; 
}
statusbarpanel[id="adblock-icon"][status="unloaded"] { 
	list-style-image: url("adblock0.png") !important; 
}
DeckMan

Post by DeckMan »

I never understood why the old icons got removed anyway.

ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

this new "bug"-icon also doesnt look well. i doesnt like it. what has adblock to do with bugs? and most other icons are also expressionless.

I think we need a professional designer...

how about making a icon contest? or check out some artist forums, perhaps there are more useful things.