Blockable items, red, green or black?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
catwirk

Blockable items, red, green or black?

Post by catwirk »

Have looked and searched, but I cannot find an explanation as to why the blockable items are shown in different colours. Can someone please direct me to an explanation?
vasa1

Re: Blockable items, red, green or black?

Post by vasa1 »

catwirk wrote:Have looked and searched, but I cannot find an explanation as to why the blockable items are shown in different colours. Can someone please direct me to an explanation?
Well, blockable items may not be the best description! I think the blocked items are in red, the unblocked (and possibly blockable) ones are in black and green is for items which are excepted from a blocking rule.
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

There are 5 colours:
Red/Blue: Item is downloaded, but hidden.
Red: Item is not downloaded, completely blocked.

Green: Item is downloaded and visible, because it's whitelisted and can't be blocked.
Back/Grey: Item is downloaded and visible, but there is a deactivated filter that could block it if you activated this filter.
Black: Item is downloaded and visible.
leishirsute

Post by leishirsute »

Adblock Plus Fan wrote:There are 5 colours:
Red/Blue: Item is downloaded, but hidden.
Red: Item is not downloaded, completely blocked.

Green: Item is downloaded and visible, because it's whitelisted and can't be blocked.
Back/Grey: Item is downloaded and visible, but there is a deactivated filter that could block it if you activated this filter.
Black: Item is downloaded and visible.

Excellent. Thanks for this info. Is this documented anywhere in the user guide? Curious.