Whitelist on IE 9 TPL

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
yuriylsh

Re: Whitelist on IE 9 TPL

Post by yuriylsh »

You can go to http://dayngo.com/static/filter.html to install any of available EasyList-based TPLs. Note that "EasyList Germany+EasyList" and such are indeed just EasyList Germany, so you'll need to install EasyList first, then EasyList Gerymany+EasyList or EasyList Germany.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

peters wrote:Thanks for explaining what the whitelist is for Michael, I was worried it was something "sinister"
peter
The TRUSTe list is sinister, however, because its TPL whitelists more than 3,000 advertisers; keep in mind that if something is whitelisted by any TPL, that overrides the blocking rules on every TPL!
peters

Post by peters »

Thanks for the tip lewisje, i noticed that TRUSTe list all begin with "+" so i wondered.

Does anyone know the syntax or language of microsofts TPL's, it would allow me to see more what iam blocking or allowing
peters

Post by peters »

Sorry another question
Is their a way by which you can tell what is being blocked on a web page by a TPL (IE9), and how can you detect trackers and the nasties ?
Michael

Post by Michael »

peters wrote:Does anyone know the syntax or language of microsofts TPL's, it would allow me to see more what iam blocking or allowing
I was provided with documentation booklet which explained the TPL syntax, although I highly doubt that I am permitted to make it available publicly. I have therefore outlined the format from memory by providing a textual explanation of various filters along with their Adblock Plus equivalent.

Code: Select all

- /script.js
Block the item /script.js (ABP equivalent: /script.js)

+ /script.js
Whitelist the item /script.js (ABP equivalent: @@/script.js)

-d example.com
Block everything from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: ||example.com^)

+d example.com
Whitelist everything from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: @@||example.com^)

-d example.com /script.js
Block the item /script.js from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: ||example.com^*/script.js)

+d example.com /script.js
Whitelist the item /script.js from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: @@||example.com^*/script.js)

-d example.com /folder/
Block everything in the folder /folder/ from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: ||example.com^*/folder/)

+d example.com /folder/
Whitelist everything in the folder /folder/ from the domain example.com (ABP equivalent: @@||example.com^*/folder/)
peters wrote:Is their a way by which you can tell what is being blocked on a web page by a TPL (IE9), and how can you detect trackers and the nasties ?
I have never used Internet Explorer 9, although am not aware of an equivalent "blockable items" view.
Last edited by Michael on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peters

Post by peters »

Thanks Michael, most helpfull
peter
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

^^There is no similar view.
andyzei [msft]

Post by andyzei [msft] »

Correct -- there is no equivalent "blockable items" view. You can however view all of the blocked items in a page by opening the F12 tools, and then reloading the page. Check the console tab for messages.

Thanks,

Andy
peters

Post by peters »

Thank you andyzei, Excellent now i can see whats blocked.
peters

Post by peters »

After using Easylist+ Easyprivacy Tpl's on IE 9 for 2weeks my "junk Mail" is almost non existant, im very impressed
Michael

Post by Michael »

Adblock Plus cannot influence the e-mails you receive, regardless of their content...
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Neither can IE9's Tracking Protection do this...
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

I realise we have a pretty laid back community here but it seems to me that this is not really the most appropriate place to be discussing IE 9.
peters

Post by peters »

Ok sorry i will ban myself from this board
phunkydizco

Post by phunkydizco »

yuriylsh wrote:You can go to http://dayngo.com/static/filter.html to install any of available EasyList-based TPLs. Note that "EasyList Germany+EasyList" and such are indeed just EasyList Germany, so you'll need to install EasyList first, then EasyList Gerymany+EasyList or EasyList Germany.
Thank you for that. Unfortunately EasyList with IE9 is not as good as in Firefox or Chrome. There are still ads on many pages.