ABP for IE 9

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
16dots

ABP for IE 9

Post by 16dots »

any time soon?
Wladimir Palant

Re: ABP for IE 9

Post by Wladimir Palant »

No. IE9 is still not exactly well-suited for add-on development, nothing really changed here since IE6. In theory, one can develop add-ons but it is very complicated and time-intensive. Also, the approach and code from current Adblock Plus (for Firefox and Chrome) cannot really be reused. So while we are considering our options here, I'm not sure we will find a way to cover IE users with acceptable effort.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

The closest thing is the use of Tracking Protection Lists, which are available with the stock installation of IE9.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Csaby

Post by Csaby »

Hello,

I really hate the new version, due to second click, which ask to click on the exclude button. If I clicked on the toolbar button the "Dont run..." option, this is totally pointless.
Also, an export option for saved settings would be awesome. When you reinstall the system, you start all over again. A sync option would be even more awesome, because, then you can go beyond OS and browsers.
The rest is perfect, as you always provided.
Thanks for this wonderful product.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

ABP *does not exist* for IE; complain in some other thread.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
noelpg29

Post by noelpg29 »

lewisje wrote:ABP *does not exist* for IE; complain in some other thread.
AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Csaby, 16dots & others asking/complaining on ABP support for IE: please stop asking Wladimir to make an ABP for IE because it will NEVER happen. for anyone else in the future asking for ABP for IE, please read this old blog why there will be NO ABP for IE:

http://adblockplus.org/blog/adblock-for-internet-explorer-is-not-an-option

@lewisje: there's no need for those wanting ABP to be supported under IE to complain in other threads. better to just forget about IE support and read WP's old blog why ABP won't be available for IE.