Installing in Mozilla 1.7.10?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
rosc

Installing in Mozilla 1.7.10?

Post by rosc »

How do I install this in mozilla?

Seen a few mentions that it doesn't work for mozilla, is this true?
mcm

Post by mcm »

Mozilla 1.7.10 should be fine, 0.5.9.2 was meant to fix a problem with the latest trunk builds of seamonkey but it's only working on the development builds. The only other issue that's been raised is that Adblock does install a couple of files to the application directory even though you choose to install Adblock to your profile. So replacing the application directory will break Adblock unless you copy those files across.
rosc

Post by rosc »

Can you provide install instructions? I've downloaded the adblock_plus_dev.xpi file, but I don't know how to install this.

Do I just copy the files after unzipping them, into the ~/.mozilla/default/<subdir> ??

Post by Guest »

I found the right link to install adblock plus...It doesn't work, it won't stay "ON" wont import filters, etc.. And it wont UNINSTALL... How do I uninstall this?? :P
mcm

Post by mcm »

I'm not sure what you're done but all you need to do is drag the extension onto an open browser window. Alternatively you can install from the link in this thread which will bring up the installer.

To uninstall Adblock open the preference window and select "Deinstall" from the options menu. If it doesn't work then just remove "adblock.jar" from the chrome directory in either your profile folder if installed there or application directory.

Post by Guest »

Thanks works a treat