AD BLOCK PLUS NOT WORKING ON MACBOOK

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
miraes

AD BLOCK PLUS NOT WORKING ON MACBOOK

Post by miraes »

I have a Macbook Pro laptop, running High Sierra 10.13.6, and using Firefox 66 browser, and my AdBlock Plus is no longer stopping pop up adds?? :?: :?:
I do not understand this, and would like to know if there is some form of bug that could cause this??
It used to work exactly as advertised, and unwanted advertisements would be blocked, while I was browsing, but now it does not stop the ads anymore....
Every time I click on anything for a lot of webpages, I am getting redirected to advertisements / fake warning pages, which is the reason I installed the add-on to begin with....
Can someone please explain to me why this add-on stopped performing its function?? :?: :?:
I am starting to think that if I want to browse the internet, which is unfortunately a den of unwanted pop up ads . that I am going to have to find a different ad stopping feature, and I do not want to have to pay for something that is advertised as free. just because it will not work as described. :( :shock: :(
Somebody, ANYBODY please tell me how to make this thing work reliably, and Thanks in advance!! 8) :D 8)
zlloyd1

Last edited by miraes on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Re: AD BLOCK PLUS NOT WORKING ON MACBOOK

Post by mapx »

I guess you first should be sure your system (yeah even being macbook) is free of malware.
charleshover

Re: AD BLOCK PLUS NOT WORKING ON MACBOOK

Post by charleshover »

There are many other firefox extensions available.you can try it.