Issue with abp install success page when Firefox starts.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Underfire17

Issue with abp install success page when Firefox starts.

Post by Underfire17 »

I have installed and reinstall ABP two times now and have found that it will now always show that it's been installed on the browser. This would be okay normally but it happens EVERY time Firefox starts up. I can close the tab but it does get awfully annoying when I am trying to google something when Firefox starts up. I mean yes, it doesn't ruin firefox, but I would rather be able to google something right off the bat instead of having to wait until the tab to load the webpage it supposed to be redirected to.

I just wanted to know if this was a wide spread is or not, and if possible, maybe a possible fix for it.
OTG5

Re: Issue with abp install success page when Firefox starts.

Post by OTG5 »

I'm having the same problem. I also have to change my ABP settings each time, since they go back to some sort of default. I'm running Firefox 69.0 (32-bit) that was updated on 9/6/19.
chichi
ABP Technical Support Analyst

Re: Issue with abp install success page when Firefox starts.

Post by chichi »

We are sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for the distraction. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the extension fixes this issue in most cases. If this hasn’t worked for you, please try the suggestions below to further isolate the problem:

- Ensure that your browser is not clearing cache automatically. To do this, please go to about:preferences#privacy from your URL bar and ensure that the option ”Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” is not enabled
- Also, ensure that you are not browsing in private mode

If the above steps still do not solve the issue, try creating a new browser profile to see if the outcome changes. You can follow the steps in the link below to create a new Firefox profile https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
Then, install ABP on the new profile and try this for a while to see if the page stops coming up repeatedly. You can always sign in to your original profile afterwards. 

Please try these suggestions and let us know the outcome.

Thanks
Chichi
ABP Support Team