What's being blocked?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
laxutraly

What's being blocked?

Post by laxutraly »

I've been using AdBlock Plus for years, not just for ads but for scripts and all sorts of unwanted content. But this new version doesn't provide any useful information in the interface. It's a big step backward in both function and usability.
What is being blocked by AdBlock Plus and which filters in effect? There's an item in the menu called "Ads blocked," but it doesn't say what is being blocked. What if I wish to temporarily unblock something, a script or frame for instance? :?:

-------------------------------------
dich vu giúp việc - giúp việc nhà - giup viec nha - giúp việc theo giờ q12
Last edited by laxutraly on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
chichi
ABP Technical Support Analyst

Re: What's being blocked?

Post by chichi »

Hi,

The list of blocked items can be found in the developer tools panel. This will help you see what is actually blocked and the filter lists blocking these items.

To open the dev tools panel on Firefox, please click on the menu icon (i.e the 3 horizontal lines at the top right corner) > Web Developer > Web Console and then click on "Adblock Plus" tab.

To open dev tools on Chrome, click on the Menu > More Tools > Developer tools and then click on "Adblock Plus" tab

When you go to developer tools, please refresh the page and wait a few minutes for the blocked and blockable items list to load. When this is done, you can then go through the list. The blocked items appear in red. When you mouse over each item, it reveals the option to “Add exception” or “remove rule”.

Try this and please let us know if you're still having any difficulty with this.

Regards,
Chichi
ABP Support Team
"