Ad Blocker detection AKA Adblock Plus

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
melwein

Ad Blocker detection AKA Adblock Plus

Post by melwein »

After searching Google and Stackoverflow for a few hours I could not find a solution. What I'm trying to do is detect Adblock plus and display a simple message for now.

What I want to do is detect Adblock plus without using a JavaScript file or jQuery. Most of the adblock plus detect scripts they use a file, example "show_ads.js" that is hosted on there own domain with a line it in to set it "adblock = false;"

The problem with using a JavaScript file, users can white list that JavaScript file and it will no longer detect it. What I'm looking for is a JavaScript that loads directly into the HTML that would detect if someone is using ad blocker without the use of a file MyColes.

Example Below:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
// line of code that detects if using ad blocker

if so display message
</script>
The reason behind doing it this way no ad blocker can white list the JavaScript file on your server. Yes I know there are other methods of getting around this with NoScript addons but I already have a solution for that. I have a great idea that has never been tried and ad blockers cannot block this once I get done with it.

Any suggestions and Examples will be greatly appreciated.