Linux Desktop Firefox ABP and add cookie notice filter

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
AJMTP

Linux Desktop Firefox ABP and add cookie notice filter

Post by AJMTP »

Hello, -- I could do without European Union cookie notices. After 1000 of these, I should already know that a cookie is a baked goodie that keeps a hungry server fed! (I really don't want to gum-up my computer with food, naturally.....)

I saw a post in here that gives step-by-step instructions on how to rid oneself of, "This website uses cookies, ad nauseam." It gives these instructions: (From Filter for blocking cookie notices)
  1. Click the Adblock Plus toolbar icon and choose Filter preferences…
  2. Click the Filter subscriptions tab.
  3. Click the Add a filter subscription… button.
  4. Click the Add a different subscription link.
  5. It doesn't matter what you enter as the Subscription title. As the Filter list location, enter the following, then press the Add subscription button:

Code: Select all

https://raw.github.com/r4vi/block-the-eu-cookie-shit-list/master/filterlist.txt
I have an ABP icon on my top right corner of Firefox; Open ABP and I can see a gear wheel in its top right corner. I can also block an element on the page. I couldn't find the start point of these instructions posted Jan 1, 2016, however, and that may be because I am using Linux, not Windows or mobile.

My first time in here. Thank you.

Oh. I started with a description of what a cookie is (not on a website, anyway). I've been tempted to post such a cookie notice on my site if I get a round to-it. Those round to-its are hard to find! :!: :)

Linux Mint 19.1 64bit MATE Desktop, Firefox 71.0, 64bit.