Adblock notification

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
jaxonjones

Adblock notification

Post by jaxonjones »

I installed adblock plus on my android Xperia l1. Half hour later i got a notification it had blocked x amount of ads and referred to the adblock site. What is this about. I never had this issue before? How do I stop this happening again? At the end of the url it says day1. Html. Full url is

moz-extension://28f6d6fc-c679-419c-9f9b-928df5054893/day1.html

. I do not want that notification every day
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Adblock notification

Post by greiner »

jaxonjones wrote:I installed adblock plus on my android Xperia l1.
That notification is only meant for desktop which is why we explicitly prevent it from being shown in Firefox Mobile.

Therefore I'm wondering what could cause this notification to be shown on mobile devices so which browser are you using?
jaxonjones wrote:Half hour later i got a notification it had blocked x amount of ads and referred to the adblock site. What is this about. I never had this issue before? How do I stop this happening again? At the end of the url it says day1. Html.
We added this page as an experiment (see Adblock Plus 3.7 release announcement) to help new users understand that Adblock Plus is working and to show them what else they can do with it (see ui#378). That notification is only supposed to be shown once after installation. After that it's not going to show up again.