AB+ blocks searchs and other stuff

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey

AB+ blocks searchs and other stuff

Postby LRa » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:20 am

Hi,
AB+ blocks search results from certain sites and also certain sections in some sites.
For example :
http://fr.kelkoo.com/
in this site try to choose any product and you'll see the page displayed when firefox loads it but when the page has finished loaded, everything will disappear.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc= ... dl&zone=pp
another example, put paris in the "votre ville" section and press "rechercher", you will get no results.

Any idea on how to solve those problems?

Thanks
LRa
 

Postby Paulfox » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:28 pm

First site had no problems at all.

Second site required me to allow javascript for that site, but then entered paris and got a map and other information.

Both sites are working for me; you probably have a "filter problem" unrelated to AdBlock Plus itself.
Paulfox
 

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 pm

Paulfox wrote:First site had no problems at all.

Second site required me to allow javascript for that site, but then entered paris and got a map and other information.

Both sites are working for me; you probably have a "filter problem" unrelated to AdBlock Plus itself.


Well I unistaled AB+ before posting so I have a fresh install...

For the first site try to go here :
http://hifiphotovideo.kelkoo.fr/b/a/c_1 ... ement.html
wait for the page to fully load and then see if you get the page to display correctly.
Guest
 

Postby LRa » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry for double posting but how do you allow javascript for a certain site?
P.S. I don't think it's a "filter problem" since both sites work when AB+ is disabled.
LRa
 

Postby Paulfox » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:14 am

NOT USING "NoScript" Extension:

Tools>Options>Web Features, check the boxes.

USING NoScript: STILL MAKE SURE those boxes are checked as above, but then javascript (and other optional "no-allows" if indicated in NoScript Prefs) is blocked by default unless you right-click and "allow" for that particular site.

In other words I think you need to allow j/s and you'll be fine - if you want to see that site and "navigate it." If you are using NoScript, you still have to ALLOW it witin Firefox - then let the extension do its job. Hope that's clear enough - hard to explain without sitting at your computer! / cheers
Paulfox
 

Postby mcm » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:59 pm

LRa wrote:I don't think it's a "filter problem" since both sites work when AB+ is disabled.

If you disabled Adblock from within the preference window and the sites worked then that proves it's a filter problem. But if it still doesn't work and it only works after disabling Adblock from the extensions manager then that proves it's not a filter problem but a problem with Adblock.
User avatar
mcm
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:36 am

Postby LRa » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:38 pm

Paulfox wrote:NOT USING "NoScript" Extension:

Tools>Options>Web Features, check the boxes.

USING NoScript: STILL MAKE SURE those boxes are checked as above, but then javascript (and other optional "no-allows" if indicated in NoScript Prefs) is blocked by default unless you right-click and "allow" for that particular site.

In other words I think you need to allow j/s and you'll be fine - if you want to see that site and "navigate it." If you are using NoScript, you still have to ALLOW it witin Firefox - then let the extension do its job. Hope that's clear enough - hard to explain without sitting at your computer! / cheers


Well javascript is enabled but I still get the problem.
Any suggestions?
LRa
 

Postby mcm » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:47 am

If it works after disabling Adblock by right clicking on the status bar text and selecting disable then it is a filter problem. If you left click on the status bar text have a look at the URLs in red to see which filter it might be.
User avatar
mcm
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:36 am


Return to Adblock Plus for Firefox support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pronjakovytq and 12 guests