Addblock isn't keeping the block extra elements folder

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Kibbs

Addblock isn't keeping the block extra elements folder

Post by Kibbs »

I add youtube images to my adblock "Block extra elements" list, and recently Adblock has been deleting the entire list of "Block extra elements" on a daily basis. It says it's updating daily, and this is the fifth day of updates in a row. Pls help.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Addblock isn't keeping the block extra elements folder

Post by greiner »

Do you mean the page with the title "Adblock Plus has been updated!" or the one that says "INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL!"?

This sounds like the same known issue that's described in this post. Firefox has a bug which causes the extension to be unable to persistently store any data anymore due to a corrupted browser profile. Therefore anything that happens when the extension is installed, such as installing default filter lists or informing users about Adblock Plus being installed or having updated, will happen again each time the extension or the browser restarts.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it because we rely on Firefox to fix this problem. But you can try to reset your browser profile by following the instructions in the post I linked to above.
Kibbs

Re: Addblock isn't keeping the block extra elements folder

Post by Kibbs »

Firefox has been having issues keeping info regarding my extensions. I'll check out the the link provided.
Thanks for the help! I'll post an update if something changes.