No adblocker is working!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
barkbomes9

No adblocker is working!

Post by barkbomes9 »

I posted several days ago about Adblock Plus not blocking any ads in Firefox. SO I did what everybody suggested, I downloaded uBlock Origin and literally the SAME thing is happening!!!! absolutely ZERO ads are being blocked whatsoever!!! It is WORSE than Adblock Plus, apparently Adblock plus was blocking a few ads, uBlock Origin is NOT BLOCKING ANY!!!

WTF could be the problem here?
Last edited by barkbomes9 on Sat May 30, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: No adblocker is working!

Post by greiner »

Thanks for letting us know of this because this is the first time I'm hearing of such a problem. There could be various reasons causing this to happen:

1. Do you see the extension icons in the browser toolbar?
If you've set up Firefox to be in incognito mode, make sure that the extensions are allowed to run in incognito mode. Because by default extensions aren't allowed to interact with incognito windows (incl. blocking ads).

2. Do you see any active filter lists in the extension's settings page?
Adblockers block ads based on a filter lists so, if there are none installed, adblockers don't do anything. By default, adblockers add those filter lists upon installation and keep them updated automatically.

3. Do you have any problems with other extensions that aren't adblockers?
Your Firefox browser profile may be corrupted, preventing you from installing extensions and/or changing their settings (incl. adding filter lists). You can create a new Firefox browser profile to check whether everything works fine there.

If none of those work, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall Firefox.