Youtube Showing Ads

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
MrDeath

Youtube Showing Ads

Post by MrDeath »

From some days now YT has been showoing me an AD before playing a video, every few videos. It's just an image with the skip ad button and it's totally blank with only the text in the middle.
First i scan my pc with: *Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Kaspersky Anti-virus and RDSS (from kaspersky too) and didin't found anything so it's not my pc, trying to block the element doesn't work. I update the abp filters and doesn't work.
Only happens on YT so i assume it's probably the page using a new type of AD that can evade ABP, came here to see if someone else is having the same issue and it's not just me.
Kyra Succubus

Re: Youtube Showing Ads

Post by Kyra Succubus »

I'm getting this also. It's super annoying.
thom

Post by thom »

The same thing is happening to me. I saved the HTML that's served by google, I can eventually share it. This is the div that holds the ads:

Code: Select all

<div id="container" class="style-scope ytd-player">
  <div class="html5-video-player ytp-transparent ytp-exp-marker-tooltip ytp-hide-info-bar ytp-iv-drawer-enabled ytp-large-width-mode ad-created ad-showing ad-interrupting ytp-ad-display-override" tabindex="-1" id="movie_player" data-version="/s/player/16a691a1/player_ias.vflset/en_US/base.js" aria-label="YouTube Video Player"
Kyra Succubus

Post by Kyra Succubus »

Can we use the code to stop the ads, or is it something the ABP developers have to do?
mrX

Post by mrX »

Same thing. Nothing from offered by support team helped. Any other suggestions from support?
The issue isn't stable, i.e. I see "Skip Ad" button each couple videos (2-3) on youtube.
IDontKnow76

Post by IDontKnow76 »

It is a script not a filter, you can stop it with a custom filter but has to be used in conjunction with a script block.
IDontKnow76

Post by IDontKnow76 »

youtube.com##.style-scope.yt-bubble-hint-renderer
youtube.com###ad-action-interstitial\:f
youtube.com##.ytp-ad-action-interstitial

Seems to block it but as I said need to block certain scripts from loading.
I even copied that into txt file and loaded in Opera's custom ad blocking list and it doesn't entirely work.
olidajin

Post by olidajin »

MrDeath wrote:From some days now YT has been showoing me an AD before playing a video, every few videos. It's just an image with the skip ad button and it's totally blank with only the text in the middle.
First i scan my pc with: *Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Kaspersky Anti-virus and RDSS (from kaspersky too) and didin't found anything so it's not my pc, trying to block the element doesn't work. I update the abp filters and doesn't work.
Only happens on YT so i assume it's probably the page using a new type of AD that can evade ABP, came here to see if someone else is having the same issue and it's not just me.
This is the same situation that I have encountered, and I am struggling to find a solution.
akai

Post by akai »

I am really helpless in this case.
Hitchhiker

Post by Hitchhiker »