Firefox script error message

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Valethar

Firefox script error message

Post by Valethar »

Greetings,

After the latest update, I'm getting numerous error popups from Firefox claiming a script in ABP is causing the browser to slow down. Most of them appear on facebook, but I've also seen them pop up on several other sites as well.

Firefox: 78.0.1 (64 bit)
ABP: 3.9
Filters:
  • ABP filters
    Adblock Warning Removal List
    EasyList
    EasyPrivacy
    Fanboy's Social Blocking List
    Malware Domains
Steps to reproduce: Can't reproduce on demand, so I'm not entirely sure of the cause. Facebook appears to have the most issues, however.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Firefox script error message

Post by greiner »

Thanks for the helpful details. I've provided an overview of the current state in this forum thread and created webext#222 to collect all the information we have on it so far.

Considering that Facebook is one of the most notorious websites that try to circumvent adblockers, it'd be great if you could check whether disabling the "ABP filters" filter list, for the time being, fix the problem for you.
jimbaker22

Re: Firefox script error message

Post by jimbaker22 »

Valethar wrote:Greetings,

After the latest update, I'm getting numerous error popups from Firefox claiming a script in ABP is causing the browser to slow down. Most of them appear on facebook, but I've also seen them pop up on several other sites as well.

Firefox: 78.0.1 (64 bit)
ABP: 3.9
Filters:
  • ABP filters
    Adblock Warning Removal List
    EasyList
    EasyPrivacy
    Fanboy's Social Blocking List
    Malware Domains
Steps to reproduce: Can't reproduce on demand, so I'm not entirely sure of the cause. Facebook appears to have the most issues, however.
I've had the same problem while using Firefox. But I am not using Facebook anymore so I don't have it quite often.