SOLVED: Block element window blank

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Hitchhiker

SOLVED: Block element window blank

Post by Hitchhiker »

EDIT: This 'problem which I reported as a bug isn't a bug at all it seems. I created a new profile on Waterfox over the weekend due to problems on some sites and rather than go to the Moz addons site to download all my addons again I simply used the old profile's extension folder where they all appear and then drag/dropped them into the new profile. It's always worked in the past and did this time as well except for ABP.

It would appear that this method of installing addons doesn't work properly for ABP and therefore I uninstalled it and then downloaded a new copy from the AMO site, But somewhere along the line it appears that certain elements have stopped working which resulted in the Block Element utility failing. So I guess I'll just have to uninstall / reinstall it again. I say that because I tried using the Block Element utility on the old profile for the site I mentioned and it worked.

Here follows the old post I reported as a bug.
When trying to use the Block Element utility to block an ad on https://www.thephuketnews.com/ the window which normally contains the data relevant to the ad is blank which prevents using it to block the ad.

Apologies to any devs who might have looked at this and I hope I didn't waste anybody's time.
Last edited by Hitchhiker on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitchhiker

Re: BUG: Block element window blank

Post by Hitchhiker »

Although the bug still exists I found an addon on the Mozilla site to effectively deal with the problem called Kill Sticky.